Almost 40 years ago our founders identified the need in our community for comprehensive, low-cost reproductive health care and family planning services. They, with like minded other citizens, realized that the most basic health service for women is family planning and gynecologic care. They also realized that for most women, it is the only health care they receive on an annual basis. Central Iowa Family Planning was founded as a stand-alone clinic, and continues to provide the services our founders identified many years ago. Our Mission is to provide individuals with comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services. We provide access to contraceptive services, supplies and information to all who want and need them. Priority is given to persons from low-income families.
Though we were founded as a stand alone clinic, we are part of a network of Title X family planning clinics in Iowa that serve low-income women and men. Many of our clients do not have health insurance or their insurance does not cover family planning examinations or contraceptives.
Central Iowa Family Planning Services can help you find the right option. We offer women and men in central Iowa a full range of reproductive health services.
Central Iowa Family Planning Services offers:
* Long-term, reversible birth control*
* Pregnancy testing*
* All other forms of birth control
* Family planning education and counseling
* Breast and pelvic exams
* HPV vaccinations
* Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
* Provider for Iowa Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program http://www.idph.state.ia.us/careforyourself/
* Urinary tract infection and testing and treatment
* HIV testing for AIDS