What is family planning?
Family planning is a process by which couples or individuals plan when or if they will have children. For different groups of people, this may look very different. For adolescents and young adults, this may simply mean preventing pregnancy. For couples, it may mean determining the number and spacing of their children. It may simply mean delaying future pregnancies for others. Central Iowa Family Planning offers a range of services to help you plan your family and avoid unplanned pregnancies.
What services does Central Iowa Family Planning offer?
- Free, long-acting, reversible birth control
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Routine pap smears & breast exams
- Testicular cancer screening
- Screening for STDs (or STIs)
- Most, or all, methods of reversible birth control
- Educational materials and information
- Provider for Breast Cancer counseling and Early Detection